Tuesday, May 16, 2006

showing off...

Ok, so I am super excited about my new pair of socks, so I did a little mini photoshoot... they're the first socks that really turned out the way they should've and I'm very pleased with myself! (click to see bigger pictures!)

they striped completely differently from eachother, but I think they complement eachother nicely (at least, I tell myself that!)


here are my slip-stitch heel flaps...wooh!

and here is a closeup of the stitch pattern, Stansfield #11(i think) from Sensational Knitted Socks

and as promised, this is the cuff of the new sock I started using Socks That Rock in the "Jewel of the Nile" colorway. You may recognize the yarn from the
disastrous attempt at Jaywalkers... I decided to try a different pattern with this yarn, one that wouldn't stress me out. It's just a "garter rib" from Sensational Knitted Socks... easy peasy. The colors in this yarn are vibrant and fabulous, I really really really want another skein of this stuff.

7 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

Oooh, pretty socks! The heel is beautiful. And I love the StR colors.

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your socks came out great! The pooling is so different, like so many siblings. :) Your next pair has some nice pooling too. I like the garter rib on it.

10:54 AM  
Blogger lexa said...

Love your socks! I think I am going to order my first StR this week!

2:52 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Those socks look great! I dig the pooling, extra personality :)

4:45 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Great, great, great job! they look beautiful!

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty, pretty socks. You did a great job!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

The Lakeview socks are lovely ... I made a pair of socks with that yarn last fall, and am completely enamored of the colors.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home