not so magic
So I've become less enamored with magic loop at the moment. It worked beautifully all the way through the heel turn. However, when I started picking up stitches and tried to start the gusset decreases, it didn't work so well. Maybe it was because I was trying to start the gusset at 4 am, but I'm more suspicious it's because of my needle. I think it's not long enough (30 inches!) for the amount of stitches I have on it right now, so there is no room to maneuver, making it almost impossible to knit on it. Has anyone else experienced this problem with magic loop? Or am I just doing it wrong?

I've resorted to picking up the stitches with my trusty double points to do the gusset, and then I think I'll switch back afterwards, cuz I really liked the magic loop up until now.
In other news, I wrote 3 papers this week and finished my huge programming project. Wooh. I'm really burnt out, but unfortunately I still have to finish my other group programming project, I have a exam on monday, a 15 page paper due thursday, an exam friday, and a gigantic ridiculous take home exam due next weekend. Sigh.

I've resorted to picking up the stitches with my trusty double points to do the gusset, and then I think I'll switch back afterwards, cuz I really liked the magic loop up until now.
In other news, I wrote 3 papers this week and finished my huge programming project. Wooh. I'm really burnt out, but unfortunately I still have to finish my other group programming project, I have a exam on monday, a 15 page paper due thursday, an exam friday, and a gigantic ridiculous take home exam due next weekend. Sigh.


3 Comments:
Ugh sounds like lots of schoolwork. Good luck keeping it all straight, and good luck with the magic loop!
I like using DPNs and have never tried another method. I want to, but it would require buying new needles. I've heard you should use a 40-inch needle for magic loop.
I completely agree regarding the magic loop. I'm using that method for my Pomatomus and I found I was working the heel kinda crooked when I had to pick up the stitches on the side of the gusset. I'm all in favor of switching to dpns then back again.
Post a Comment
<< Home