finals have begun.....
The week from hell has begun. Have to finish my programming final, two group programming projects, and 3 papers. All this week. Ouch. Finals week itself (the week after this week) shouldn't be all that bad... I have an exam on monday in Weather class that won't be too bad (not even cumulative) and an exam in Roman history on Friday. I also have to write a 15 page term paper for Greek class, but after the 3 papers of this week that shouldn't be that bad.
In other news, I dressed up and acted cultured last night -- we went to see an opera! Madame Butterfly to be exact... it was pretty cool, and we had really good seats.
Here's some knitting progress I've managed to do among all the schoolwork (or in place of, hehehe)

The sock is striping nicely, but doesn't match the first sock one little bit. The only similar thing about the two is that the stitch pattern is the same... they're pooling *completely* differently. Oh well, they'll have character :-)
Anyway, I placed a custom order for some gryffindor striping sock yarn... but not from Sunshine yarns!! The demand for that yarn is way too cutthroat, I never get on the boat in time. So I'm trying out another dyer on etsy, I'll let you guys know how I like it
I decided that when I pay off my credit card completely (it got pretty full after I had to buy textbooks) I'm going to buy myself a new pair of birkenstocks to wear with all my new handmade socks.... you know you're a sock knitter when you start buying shoes *around* your socks :-) That should probably be in the next couple months... I quit my job so I have to depend on my daddy for income now ;-)
In other news, I dressed up and acted cultured last night -- we went to see an opera! Madame Butterfly to be exact... it was pretty cool, and we had really good seats.
Here's some knitting progress I've managed to do among all the schoolwork (or in place of, hehehe)

The sock is striping nicely, but doesn't match the first sock one little bit. The only similar thing about the two is that the stitch pattern is the same... they're pooling *completely* differently. Oh well, they'll have character :-)
Anyway, I placed a custom order for some gryffindor striping sock yarn... but not from Sunshine yarns!! The demand for that yarn is way too cutthroat, I never get on the boat in time. So I'm trying out another dyer on etsy, I'll let you guys know how I like it
I decided that when I pay off my credit card completely (it got pretty full after I had to buy textbooks) I'm going to buy myself a new pair of birkenstocks to wear with all my new handmade socks.... you know you're a sock knitter when you start buying shoes *around* your socks :-) That should probably be in the next couple months... I quit my job so I have to depend on my daddy for income now ;-)


2 Comments:
Love the blue and green stripes!
Hm, would it be Two Waters Fiberworks at Etsy that you ordered the yarn from? I'm curious to hear about an option that's actually available, unlike popular Sunshine Yarns!
Post a Comment
<< Home