Monday, April 10, 2006

short break

I am taking a brief moment away from writing my paper on the Roman economy during the first and second centuries A.D. to write a quick little update. I am about 2 pages into the 5ish page paper due in about 6 1/2 hours... but we all know that 5 is only a "suggestion", that really the paper is finished when you've finished saying what you wanted to say (which normally takes me 6 or more pages to do). I've been listening to classical music, which really helps put me in work mode for some reason... it's also comforting in a way, and reminds me of home. The week from hell has barely begun, and already I'm burnt out. I think I may ask my professor if I can write on next week's paper instead of the one for this wednesday, because I also have a huge programming project I must do for thursday that I haven't begun. Not to mention the test I have tuesday. sigh. fortunately my professor loves me, and knows I am a good student. hooray for being the teacher's pet!
I have another appointment with the psychiatrist tomorrow, too. Maybe she'll actually give me advice this time around. It's kind of funny, everyone I know has been asking me about my appointments cuz they want to go too... I think everyone is stressed out right now.

In 4 days I get to go home for 4 days of relaxing... lets hope I survive the week. I don't see much sleep in my future. OH! Speaking of sleep... I went to bed at 2 AM last night -- around 7 AM the fire alarm went off. It wasn't just the low-pitched alarm that sounds during a drill, it was also the shrill and rather painful squeal of the detectors inside our room as well. So I got to sit outside for half a hour in the freezing cold (ok, it was probably in the 60's, but dammit that's cold when I was just passed out in my nice warm bed!) Anyway, apparently some drunk asshole pulled the alarm... grrrrr. I went back to sleep for another couple of hours, but it just wasn't the same after that :o( Ah well, I knew this was going to be a trying week, that just adds to the fun :)

And because I feel bad I haven't been posting any worthwhile pictures:

there's an extremely pleased camel I managed to photograph on a trip to the Audubon Zoo.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

Good luck getting through the bad week! It'll all be over soon and you can rest...

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home