issues
I had some real issues photographing this sock. To start, the light in my dorm room comes from two sources: the flourescent light overhead (ick) or the single gigantic floor to ceiling window. Both were working against me today, as it is very overcast outside and the light coming in the window only succeeded in washing out my pictures. Therefore, I have two different pictures for you of the progress on my Lakeview socks (I'm creative with names, aren't I?).
First, the dark picture. While this photo does not show the colors in their normal hues (it's much too dark), it shows off the pattern beautifully, as the shadows highlight the texture. I am really enjoying my slow, relaxed pace in knitting this sock, and I love watching the colors swirl around eachother. The pattern is Stansfield #11 from Sensational Knitted Socks, thanks to Alex for looking it up, as I could not remember and did not have the book to reference in my last post.

My next photo shows the colors pretty closely to what they really look like. While it is pooling rather oddly, I think it's kinda pretty. I love how in each stripe, there is a variation between two colors.. it keeps it interesting!

In non-knitting news, this weekend and the following week are going to be hell. I have a presentation Monday, a pizza/movie party that night for one of my history classes (that's not hellish, that'll be fun, but it takes away from available time spent doing homework), a programming assignment due tuesday, a paper on Greeks in the Black Sea due Wednesday, part of a group programming assignment due Thursday, a make-up seminar for my Greek class at a pizza place/restaurant Thursday night (that'll be fun too, but the same applies about it taking up a lot of time), and another group programming project due Friday. Wooh! Busy week. I can't decide whether to just take the week off of work to maintain my sanity or not.
On the bright side, I dropped my Finance class because I realized Finance and business is boring and evil, and I don't care about them at all. No more business minor for me!! I actually have recently realized I've been enjoying my Weather & Climate class, and in light of dropping my business minor, I'll try to take a few more weather-related classes. Unfortunately, not that many weather classes are offered here, but I only have a few semesters left anyway.
Happy Knitting!
First, the dark picture. While this photo does not show the colors in their normal hues (it's much too dark), it shows off the pattern beautifully, as the shadows highlight the texture. I am really enjoying my slow, relaxed pace in knitting this sock, and I love watching the colors swirl around eachother. The pattern is Stansfield #11 from Sensational Knitted Socks, thanks to Alex for looking it up, as I could not remember and did not have the book to reference in my last post.

My next photo shows the colors pretty closely to what they really look like. While it is pooling rather oddly, I think it's kinda pretty. I love how in each stripe, there is a variation between two colors.. it keeps it interesting!

In non-knitting news, this weekend and the following week are going to be hell. I have a presentation Monday, a pizza/movie party that night for one of my history classes (that's not hellish, that'll be fun, but it takes away from available time spent doing homework), a programming assignment due tuesday, a paper on Greeks in the Black Sea due Wednesday, part of a group programming assignment due Thursday, a make-up seminar for my Greek class at a pizza place/restaurant Thursday night (that'll be fun too, but the same applies about it taking up a lot of time), and another group programming project due Friday. Wooh! Busy week. I can't decide whether to just take the week off of work to maintain my sanity or not.
On the bright side, I dropped my Finance class because I realized Finance and business is boring and evil, and I don't care about them at all. No more business minor for me!! I actually have recently realized I've been enjoying my Weather & Climate class, and in light of dropping my business minor, I'll try to take a few more weather-related classes. Unfortunately, not that many weather classes are offered here, but I only have a few semesters left anyway.
Happy Knitting!


2 Comments:
thanks for stopping by my blog! i am doing two on two circs and loving it!! short row heel was easy to accomplish on it. have yet to do magic loop, but it seems too fiddly for me.
That is some crazy pooling!
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I have tiny feet. Well, small. My mom has tiny feet. :) So I think I'll be okay.
Post a Comment
<< Home