Monday, December 05, 2005

a FO!

Hooray! This is a hat for my best friend (who lives in the cold country of Maine, and goes to school in upstate NY - a lose-lose situation, in my opinion... no offense to any northerners, but that is way too cold in my book).

Anyway, it is my first attempt at fair isle EVER, so I'm rather pleased with the result.


Stats:
Pattern: my own, with the help of Alice Starmore's Book of Fair Isle Knitting
Needles: Size 9 circs
Yarn: Peruvian Highland wool in Lotus Blossom, Lace Pink, and Malt Heather


I plan on adding a pom-pom and making matching mittens if I find the time before shipping it off to my friend.

I may need to make myself one!

I won't bother taking another picture of the peacock scarf right now, but I can say that I began using the 4th ball of yarn, so it's 75% done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home