Thursday, December 22, 2005

I'm starting to slack...

I'm slacking in the updating department! But then, I don't think anyone really looks at this page anyway, so I don't reckon it matters too much :o) I'm actually at work right now, but I'm not doing anything because it's the day before vacation.

Knitting updates:
-Peacock scarf is about 90% done knitting... I didn't get to work on it at all last week, but I've been steadily trying to finish it up this week. I'm growing less and less attached to it... when it was about 1/4 done I was like "oooh I want to keep it!" and now I'm like "oooh I want to finish it so I can get rid of it!" I think it's really pretty and all, but I'm ready to move on to another project.

-I have a knitting block when it comes to two other Christmas gifts. I need to make two purses, and I think I want to jump on the band wagon and use the Sophie bag pattern. I'm at a loss to what kind of yarn to use though, it's too late for me to order anything and there aren't any good yarn stores here. I'll figure something out...

-Haven't made any progress on the mittens. I made a mistake already while trying to do the thumb and I haven't had the patience to rip it out and start over. I didn't like the way I was using the colors either. I'll probably end up ripping it all out and starting completely over.

-I'm also about to start on another Hermione hat for a friend. She wants it in an "antique rose" color.

I'll finish up the scarf and then post some pictures of the finished product!!

Happy Holidays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home