Saturday, April 08, 2006

political grumbling...

I really wish instead of war-mongering and planning on bombing Iran, our government would address issues within our own country. I don't blame other countries for hating us so damn much, our administration is full of a bunch of war-happy hicks and they are ruining our image. Instead of spending who knows HOW much more money on MORE war, why don't they fix New Orleans? Ya know, I drive around New Orleans every day, and everywhere I go I see abandoned and burned out neighborhoods. What I DON'T see is progress, because there is no will for people to move back because of their lack of faith in the government actually doing something to rebuild the city. And why aren't we doing anything about the violence within our own country? Or the ghettos and the rampant drug problem? Why don't we let other countries do the bullying for once, and let us focus on fixing our own messed up country? Some days I just want to move to Sweden and pretend I never was associated with this country :-P it's rather embarrassing!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin, pretty soon the government will be labeling their war initiative "Community Development".
People need to make an effert, and make a change. But how? I'm not sure. Sometimes I think our voices are completely lost in the struggle for eceonmic power. Some of us just can't vote with our dollars, because we don't have any to speak of. one of the world's wealthiest nations, and so many people here go without.

OK, Sorry. back to knitting. You are right about the lakeside Pomatomus. I really love it, but I didn't expect so much pooling. I tried knitting w/ 2 skeins at once, but I didn't get much better results. I decided that the colors are perfect just as they are.

Chin up!

10:42 AM  
Blogger Knitopia said...

Sweden sounds good to me sometimes, too.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home