Thursday, April 06, 2006

quick update

edit: Well I realized why some of you haven't been able to comment -- my commenting settings were set to only allow registered blogger users. I'm sorry! I didn't mean to discriminate! Now everyone is allowed to comment :o) This is a free-speech blog!

Well, I finished the first repeat of Chart A on the pomatomus sock, and I may work on it a little bit later as part of my "relax time". No pictures, cuz it doesn't look any different from the picture I posted last time.

Life has been pretty crazy, I'm getting majorly stressed out and I've been crying practically every night this week... as you can tell, I don't handle a ton of stress very well, and it's been hella stressful around here. I went and talked to my boss today at work and she let me take some time off until I get all of my stuff finished, so that will help me a bit cuz it's one less thing to worry about. I went to the stress therapist lady yesterday, and it wasn't very helpful. The appointment started 20ish minutes late, and then majority of the time was spent with her asking me questions about my background and medical history... the only advice she really gave me to leave with was to "take deep cleansing breaths to relax" which I already knew how to do from dance class. My dance teacher tells us to "breathe through your feet". I have another appointment with her on Monday, so hopefully we can actually address my stress issues this time.

Another thing I recently found out, which just adds to my stress/grief, is that one of my extremely close friends is addicted to painkillers (like Morphine) and does Heroin when he can't get painkillers. That really really really disturbs me, in more ways than the obvious one. For the past two years he's been struggling with some extremely serious medical issues which have kept him out of school. This semester he is finally healthy enough to go to college, and things were looking up for him. Then I found out about this addiction, and how he's dropped all classes except for one and he's moved back home. That really breaks my heart, because now he's slowly destroying himself after spending so long battling all of his illnesses. For an *extremely* brief summary, he basically got some sort of auto immune disease that killed both of his kidneys... he was on dialysis for 9 months until he got a kidney transplant, but then he had a bunch of complications including the autoimmune disease attempting to kill his new kidney. When he finally got (relatively) well from that, the kid developed lymph node cancer. So then he had to go through chemotherapy and the whole bit. So now he's finally got a functioning kidney, he's cancer free, gets to go to college, but he has an addiction to painkillers from when he was in the hospital with the cancer and has to do Heroin to get his "fix". sigh. Did I mention that he is only 18 now? His kidneys failed when he was 15. That guy has been through more than anyone should experience in their whole life, let alone before you're 20.

There will be a happy, knitting related post soon I hope, sorry about all of the depressing posts of late -- it's been a rough semester.

I'll leave you with this happy picture of Molly napping:

Poor eeyore is being used as a pillow

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I'll be the first non-blogger-user to comment! Yeah!!
Sorry things have been so tough. Nothing is more painful than having friends or family go through something really rough. Also, stressful events never seem to come one at a time. They pile up like crazy. Just keep things in perspective, give Molly a big hug, and keep knitting.

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home