Tuesday, April 04, 2006

good weekend....

Well, I had a wonderful weekend full of chocolate, pajamas, Harry Potter, and World of Warcraft. It was so nice to just sit at home** doing whatever I felt like and not have to worry about anything (but that will soon change). Thanks to everyone who commented/emailed me with suggestions about relaxing. I'm going to the stress therapist tomorrow, so hopefully that will help too.
**With home being southeastern Louisiana, we get quite a few critters of the reptilian and amphibian sort in our back yard. Mind you, I don't live in the backwoods or the swamp or anything (I'm a city girl), but seeing lizards and frogs in our backyard is a common occurance. This little guy decided he really liked my mom's wind chime:

When I first went outside to snap some pictures of him, he was brown. Over the course of our little photo session he changed positions in order to get a better look at me AND he decided to turn a nice shade of green for me:



While I was at home I wound my Cherry Tree Hill supersock in "Indian Summer" into a pull ball and started the Pomatomus socks. I'm really pleased with the way they're turning out so far, it's a really clever pattern and easy to follow (and I don't usually go from charts!)

I'm also extremely pleased with the color... it isn't pooling much at all as far as I can tell, and the colors are so rich. I'm not a big fan of yellow or orange, so this may have to qualify for my Project Spectrum project for the month... it has a significant amount of orange mixed in with the red and magenta.

I'm also extremely proud of myself, because I branched away from double pointed needles and decided to give the magic loop method a try! So far, I am in love with this method, it is so simple! I think I'm knitting faster, because my problem with DPN is that I always stop after each needle and admire my handywork (heehee) and its a pain in the butt to transition from needle to needle. With the magic loop, that cuts my needle transitions in half! hooray!

Anyway, this next week or two is going to be absolute hell. I'll need all the good destressing vibes I can get!
-this Thursday: programming assignment due that I'm not sure how to do
-Monday: paper due
-Tuesday: midterm exam
-Wednesday: another paper due
-Thursday: programming takehome midterm due

add on top of that two ongoing group programming assignments that are not going right at all, work (which has been extra stressful recently), and the fact I'm burnt out,and you get a very unhappy Erin. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home