Wednesday, December 06, 2006

and there was much rejoicing**

Yesterday was one of the highlights of my college career. I had just finished cleaning my room (cuz you know, cleaning is the ultimate form of procrastination before studying for a test) and I was about to sit down to my looong night of studying for my computer networks (ack!) test. Suddenly I hear the familiar ring of my new email alert. An email from my professor, subject: test canceled. My next reaction: what?? The first line of the email starts "No this is not a joke". Wow, he's serious!! Apparently, there was a big party for the grand opening of our renovated university center, and the university found it fitting to block off all of the engineering faculty's parking. My professor is already beyond demoralized because of the decision by the uppers to cut the engineering school (and my major), and apparently blocking off their parking to accommodate a bunch of hoity-toity trustees so they can sip champagne and walk around the new building was too much for my professor to handle. He basically told us that since he can't get any parking, and he doesn't feel like postponing the test, that under the circumstances the last test (which was basically our final exam) was canceled, and he was going to give all of us A's. WOW! Talk about a big break. I actually managed to go out with my roommate to get some ice cream and then went to sleep for 9 1/2 hours! Tonight, I gotta buckle down and write my term paper for my Russian history class, but at least I didn't have to stay up all night worrying about my computer networks test!!!

Life is good.

**can anyone identify the movie reference?

2 Comments:

Blogger erin said...

did it have something to do with eating sir robin's minstrels?

7:15 PM  
Blogger JustApril said...

Awesome on the test!

do you have a shrubbery, nice but not too expensive?

your poor professor! =((

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home