Thursday, September 28, 2006

I'm on the wrong team...



That is how I spent my Saturday -- and that was the lovely view taken from my camera phone because my camera happened to run out of batteries at an unopportune time. Not before I got to take this picture, tho:


click for bigger, it's worth it.. I think our poor pelican was on his knees in front of a tiger execution squad


Saturday Tulane was unfortunate enough to be the homecoming victims for LSU's homecoming football game. Needless to say, it was brutal. From what I hear, LSU paid Tulane $85,000 for the opportunity to pound us, so I suppose it was worth it to sacrifice our dignity for a night (and I also hear that we have a 10 year contract now so we'll be getting our butts whipped every year). There was a good turnout of Tulane fans (even though we knew we were going to lose going in) because it is always a party when LSU has a home game, and we were mostly going for the tailgating. Unfortunately, we were the enemy, so there was quite a lot of "tiger bait" taunting going on. I had fun anyway :-)

The funny thing about Louisiana, however, is the weather. I swear it was sunny when I showed up to where my friends were set up tailgating. A hour later, it looked like this:

It was actually pretty amusing, and kinda funny when all of us were scrambling to push all of our stuff into the middle of our little 8'x8' pavillion tent. The rain was very gusty, so none of us stayed very dry, but it was really really hot out that day so it helped cool us off. The rain cleared just as quickly as it came, and we had a beautiful day the rest of the day (besides the heat and humidity). I think the final score was 49-7. We ended up leaving after halftime because the game was so lame, but apparently Tulane managed to score towards the end of the game (yay!). It was so pitiful that we were cheering like we'd won whenever we would make a 1st down.
The thing that made me giggle was the tshirt that a student at Tulane was selling for us to wear to the game (I bought one, but I certainly didn't walk around LSU's campus wearing it)... it said:

The difference between the best state school and the best school in the state... our players graduate.


ouch!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home