two days in a row! (almost)
My post title may have been appropriate yesterday when I originally composed this entry, but once again blogger foiled my plans to update (I swear, it was blogger!). I couldn't get any of my pictures uploaded... and since I had promised pictures the last time, I couldn't exactly post another picture-free entry.

Fall is in the air. While I may not be able to get as decorative as I'd like in my little 8'x8' cell in my apartment, I thought this little pumpkin was absolutely adorable. October is my favorite month for a number of reasons, and even though I live in perpetual summer and completely miss out on the changing tree colors I still think October/fall is my favorite time of the year.
I won't bore you with my sock history since I'm sure you've read it 100000000000000x times by now on other knit blogs, but I am relatively new at socks. I remember working on a pair of socks when I was about 11 (which I never finished) but it was out of my own homespun. I was a crafty kid. I picked knitting back up last year after Katrina and when I got sick with Mono so lets just say I started making socks about a year ago.
Here are some crappy shots of my birthday socks... my room is a dungeon all the time because my window is at the wrong angle for sunlight, so I had to use a flash :-(

it is indeed daytime, and my window blinds are open


What was that in the background, you say? Why, that is my shrine (ok, just a poster) to Johnny Depp... as well as my jack-o-lantern lights I hung up :-) (I'm mostly showing off my lights, I promise)

I'm working down the leg of sock #2, and am about halfway to the heel flap. I have a huge history midterm on Thursday that I need to do a ton of reading for, so I don't know if I'll be able to do a ton of knitting (although it may act as my breaks)

Fall is in the air. While I may not be able to get as decorative as I'd like in my little 8'x8' cell in my apartment, I thought this little pumpkin was absolutely adorable. October is my favorite month for a number of reasons, and even though I live in perpetual summer and completely miss out on the changing tree colors I still think October/fall is my favorite time of the year.
I won't bore you with my sock history since I'm sure you've read it 100000000000000x times by now on other knit blogs, but I am relatively new at socks. I remember working on a pair of socks when I was about 11 (which I never finished) but it was out of my own homespun. I was a crafty kid. I picked knitting back up last year after Katrina and when I got sick with Mono so lets just say I started making socks about a year ago.
Here are some crappy shots of my birthday socks... my room is a dungeon all the time because my window is at the wrong angle for sunlight, so I had to use a flash :-(



What was that in the background, you say? Why, that is my shrine (ok, just a poster) to Johnny Depp... as well as my jack-o-lantern lights I hung up :-) (I'm mostly showing off my lights, I promise)

I'm working down the leg of sock #2, and am about halfway to the heel flap. I have a huge history midterm on Thursday that I need to do a ton of reading for, so I don't know if I'll be able to do a ton of knitting (although it may act as my breaks)


1 Comments:
I love the color of the sock!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home