I have a yarn addiction...

I have been a very, very, very, VERY naughty girl. The above purchase isn't even half of it. Seriously. Everytime I have gotten stressed or depressed recently, which has been a lot, I hop online and shop for yarn. I am a poor college student, so believe me when I say this doesn't happen often. This week, however, I decided to splurge. And I mean splurge. The above purchase was only the start of it. Two skeins of Lorna's sock yarn in China Blue and two sets of 30" INOX circs in size 1. I decided to try a solid color this time, as I've been falling for the crazy varigated every time. The color is beautiful, and a bit more purpley than in the picture. I can't decide what pattern to do, however. I have been wanting to do the Men's fancy sock in the Lozange (spelling?) pattern from Nancy Bush, but I can't decide if this color is right for it. I also have been wanting to do a pair of the Mata Hari socks. They are simple, but I love the spiral design. I also REALLY like "Friday Harbor" and "Traveler's Stockings" from Nancy Bush as well. Hmmm... decisions, decisions.
So onto the rest of my million purchases. I don't have direct photos, but it's easy enough to look them up. I joined the Pomatomus KAL and ordered off of Ebay Cherry Tree Hill supersock in "Indian Summer". Beautiful combo of oranges, rusts, and a wee bit of "plum". I'm suspicious that the colorway is close to the Lorna's "Irving Park" that I have been making the "Denmark" socks out of, but I can't help I love those color combos. That yarn should be arriving any day now.
What next, you say? Well lemme tell ya. My always-helpful mother emailed me an overstock sale that Webs was having on their Noro Kureyon. $5.50 a ball. How can I pass that up??? I ordered 6 balls in color #74 - I think I want to make the clapotis. I realize kureyon is kind of scratchy, but it's so pretty, I want to make it anyway.
Am I done yet?!?! I know what you're thinking..."this girl is crazy"... well, I won't disagree with that, but this next purchase was no fault of my own (ok, so I had some influence in it, but I didn't buy it!) So Crown Mountain Farms was having a sale on some of the sock yarn that they carried.... I casually mentioned I liked the "Luthien" colorway, and... well... I'm waiting for that in the mail now, too :oD All in all, I made out like a bandit this week, and I am going to have quite the stash of sock yarn (by my standards at least, I'm new to this!).
So.... I'm buying all of this new sock yarn, but have I made any progress on the Lakeview socks??

Slowly, I suppose, it is getting nearer and nearer to the toe. I'm a little farther than in the picture, but not by much. What can I say? It's been a busy week of non-knitting things!!
Now, since I have been homesick of late, I'll conclude today's post with pictures of my dear furry babies.


The black one is Misty, a lab/golden retriever mix, and the white one is Molly, my darling princess. She's half lab and half something of unknown origins, our vet found her on the street so we're not sure. I love my doggies more than life itself, and when I'm away at school it can get pretty lonely without them. I enjoy going home to visit, and they're always extremely excited to see me. Unfortunately they're used to my routine of coming and going, so you can quite literally see the heartbreak in their eyes when I'm packing up to go back to school.
Onwards!


2 Comments:
We all have a yarn addiction. And we all love every minute of it.
All of your Harry Potter knitting is wonderful. I haven't worked on my scarf in so long, yours is awesome.
Thanks for coming by my place.
:)
I like your dogs and totally understand not knowing what pattern to make in a solid-color yarn. There are lots of great patterns in Vintage Socks but I haven't tried any of them yet.
Post a Comment
<< Home