long weekend....
So unexpectedly on Thursday night my friend (who lives in Alabama) called me up and said "are you going to Gulf War?) and I said "oh, that's this week?" and she said "yep wanna leave tomorrow and stay the weekend??" ......*hmmm I have a paper due monday*......."OK!"
For those that don't know, Gulf War is a large event in the SCA, or Society for Creative Anachronism. It's basically a worldwide group dedicated to medieval re-enactment, from fighting to arts and sciences to etiquette. It's hella fun, and events such as Gulf War are quite the experience. We drove out there Friday evening (it's in Mississippi, so she came and got me and then we drove to the event together) and we camped overnight Friday and Saturday. Those SCA people sure have crazy parties....(I can't even describe it, so I won't bother.... just imagine big bonfire, homemade booze, belly dancers, and hundreds of drunk vikings....) AAAAANYWAY, I bought some pretty sweet handmade clay mugs too. I also got to see my ex-boss, who I haven't seen since the day I gave him a hug goodbye as we were leaving to evacuate for Katrina. Needless to say, I was extremely pleased to see him, as he didn't come back after the hurricane (8 ft of water in your house and you'd move to Arkansas too). He was the coolest boss I have ever had.... he wasn't as much a boss as he was a friend, and he had the most laid-back demeanor and best sense of humor out of anyone I know. I also got to see his new baby, which I never got to see. Methinks I need to do some baby knitting now....
Sock progress!! I managed to turn the heel and finish the gusset, and now I'm on the home stretch down the foot of the sock.

It should go more quickly now, and hopefully it'll be done by the end of the week. I'm slow, I know, but I'm taking a freakin lot of classes, and I work too.
For those that don't know, Gulf War is a large event in the SCA, or Society for Creative Anachronism. It's basically a worldwide group dedicated to medieval re-enactment, from fighting to arts and sciences to etiquette. It's hella fun, and events such as Gulf War are quite the experience. We drove out there Friday evening (it's in Mississippi, so she came and got me and then we drove to the event together) and we camped overnight Friday and Saturday. Those SCA people sure have crazy parties....(I can't even describe it, so I won't bother.... just imagine big bonfire, homemade booze, belly dancers, and hundreds of drunk vikings....) AAAAANYWAY, I bought some pretty sweet handmade clay mugs too. I also got to see my ex-boss, who I haven't seen since the day I gave him a hug goodbye as we were leaving to evacuate for Katrina. Needless to say, I was extremely pleased to see him, as he didn't come back after the hurricane (8 ft of water in your house and you'd move to Arkansas too). He was the coolest boss I have ever had.... he wasn't as much a boss as he was a friend, and he had the most laid-back demeanor and best sense of humor out of anyone I know. I also got to see his new baby, which I never got to see. Methinks I need to do some baby knitting now....
Sock progress!! I managed to turn the heel and finish the gusset, and now I'm on the home stretch down the foot of the sock.

It should go more quickly now, and hopefully it'll be done by the end of the week. I'm slow, I know, but I'm taking a freakin lot of classes, and I work too.


1 Comments:
I like that the pooling looks like a lightning bolt! =) cool
Post a Comment
<< Home