scarves, tests, and mono
Well, my mono is working against me once again. I find that there are too few hours in the day to begin with, but mono takes even more of those hours away from me. Spent all weekend working on the Gryffindor scarf, a tiny bit of the peacock scarf, and programming . I find that programming is the most infuriating thing ever when it isn't working and you have a deadline to meet. Well, I sorta finished up the program thankfully, but there wasn't any time to study for the midterm I have tomorrow, or the one on Thursday... ack!! Then I discover that my mono is acting up again -- I woke up and my glands had swollen up to the point I could see them jutting out of my neck (nice mental image) and my neck is achey. Well I immediately decided that I might just be doing a wee bit too much recently, so I am spending today at home.
Just passed the 9th stripe mark, and knitting furiously. This week is going to be a juggling act, between finishing my scarf and studying for two midterms before Thursday... friend's peacock scarf was supposed to be done for Thursday too, but I don't think that's happening -- luckily she's a bit more understanding than my professors.
Onto the pictures..


There is the beginnings of the peacock scarf, I'm rather proud because it is my first attempt at lace ever, so I had to photograph it, even tho I barely have it started. A variant on the Misty Garden pattern from Scarf Style (I used 50 stitches instead of 38 because my yarn is so thin), I made this out of the peacock colored Baby Cashmere from Elann. I'm in love with that website, and the Highland Collection. I posted two pictures because one shows the real color (the one with the flash) but it washed out the detail, so the other shows detail *a lot* better. *pats self on back*
I tried taking a picture of the Gryffindor scarf, I really did... but the model wasn't so willing to pose at the moment...

See that grimace? That's the "get that scarf off of me! I don't want to take a picture!" look.
I'll make her pose later, she's usually been quite obliging in the past, as you can see...
Just passed the 9th stripe mark, and knitting furiously. This week is going to be a juggling act, between finishing my scarf and studying for two midterms before Thursday... friend's peacock scarf was supposed to be done for Thursday too, but I don't think that's happening -- luckily she's a bit more understanding than my professors.
Onto the pictures..


There is the beginnings of the peacock scarf, I'm rather proud because it is my first attempt at lace ever, so I had to photograph it, even tho I barely have it started. A variant on the Misty Garden pattern from Scarf Style (I used 50 stitches instead of 38 because my yarn is so thin), I made this out of the peacock colored Baby Cashmere from Elann. I'm in love with that website, and the Highland Collection. I posted two pictures because one shows the real color (the one with the flash) but it washed out the detail, so the other shows detail *a lot* better. *pats self on back*
I tried taking a picture of the Gryffindor scarf, I really did... but the model wasn't so willing to pose at the moment...

See that grimace? That's the "get that scarf off of me! I don't want to take a picture!" look.
I'll make her pose later, she's usually been quite obliging in the past, as you can see...


1 Comments:
Hi there! What a pretty dog. :-) And pretty peacocky lace - very cool. I do hope you feel better soon.
Regarding the sock yarn I'm working with, it's Fortissimo Socka Colori. Mine is in "Sundown" - I like it lots!! You can check it out here.
Post a Comment
<< Home