aahhh cabin fever....
Well, I ended up going back to the doctor on Tuesday - got a blood test done and I have mono! WOOH! The good part of this unfortunate development? KNITTING! This is a very belated update, as I got the amount of knitting shown in the picture done in about 2 days. I was definitely power knitting - I got more done of the evil socks as well... I brought the one with me into the waiting room of the doctor's office (I sat there for at least a hour) and got some quality time in with my Zorro-striped sock. They don't look all that much different, so I will post pictures of the socks when there is real progess made on them.

I forgot to mention it last time, but I ended up going with the worsted Plymouth Encore... 4 balls of Burnt Sienna and 1 ball of Butternut ... I'm a lil bit antsy about the amount of red I have, I finished 3 sets of stripes with 1 ball -- we're supposed to knit 14 sets AND have fringe? I don't plan on making my scarf 14 stripes long anyway (maybe closer to 10) but -still-! Also, it looks a lot more purple in the picture because of the lighting, it's in actuality a nice dark maroon color.

I forgot to mention it last time, but I ended up going with the worsted Plymouth Encore... 4 balls of Burnt Sienna and 1 ball of Butternut ... I'm a lil bit antsy about the amount of red I have, I finished 3 sets of stripes with 1 ball -- we're supposed to knit 14 sets AND have fringe? I don't plan on making my scarf 14 stripes long anyway (maybe closer to 10) but -still-! Also, it looks a lot more purple in the picture because of the lighting, it's in actuality a nice dark maroon color.


2 Comments:
I made my Azkhaban scarf (Ravenclaw) with the NatureSpun, and even with 240 yards per ball it was tight. I cast on 80 instead of 90 and got the 14 stripes. I really think that the 90 was a misprint. I couldn't get the full 14 stripes with the NatureSpun and 90 stitches.
Heh. I had both strep that wouldn't die and mono my junior year of college. Had to get the tonsils out during the summer. I don't know how I survived it all.
Post a Comment
<< Home