Saturday, October 08, 2005

procrastination is my friend....

So, I have three tests next week - Accounting, Linear Algebra, and Theory of Computation (ack!) - so naturally, what am I doing on this fine October Saturday?? Knitting a sock!!

The weather is in the 70's -- it has been in the high 90's every single day for as long as I can remember -- how can I resist?? I mean, it actually got downright *cold* last night (mid 60's :-D) Unfortunately, I didn't think to wear one of my creations. -sigh- I'm sure there will be plenty of other 60 degree weather in which to wear them by the time winter is over! (yes, I know, 60 isn't cold, but it is when you're in Louisiana!)
This is my first attempt at socks since I was about 12, so it has been interesting. I decided to try the toe-up method (figure 8 cast on), since I've been reading good things about it. After ripping the toe out 4 different times, I've finally got it figured out! I'm not particularily fond of dp needles because I can't knit nearly as fast on them, but I'm sure that improves with practice.

In other news, an Azkaban Gryffindor scarf has been calling to me constantly for about 2 weeks now... "Errriiinnn... kniiiiit meeeeee"..... I am so torn! Do I order the yarn and just make it to satisfy the voices in my head? I definitely have the Harry Potter bug...

3 Comments:

Blogger knittingnurse said...

Oh, submit to the voices, the scarf is a MUST to wear with your Hermione hat!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

I STILL can't do that darn toe up cast on. Maybe I need to try again. The socks look great and from one HP knitter to another, KNIT THE SCARF!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Ooh, nice sock! What yarn is that?

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home