procrastination is definitely NOT my friend....
Well, I survived. Barely. It was the longest. week. ever. and now I think I'm getting sick. I hate when I have so many exams on top of eachother, then I feel like I can't prepare for them properly. However, I got an A on my Microeconomics test (what a surprise) and I got a 98% on my Accounting test (again, what a surprise). My math test was way too long for the time period and nobody finished it, but this is the first time my professor has ever taught a class (he's fresh out of grad school) and he didn't know any better.
To answer a few questions, the yarn I am using for the socks is "Trampoline" stretch yarn, by "Skacel" (??) I believe. It is 70% wool and other parts nylon. It's color #238, but I can't seem to find on the label where a name for it is.
Also, the pattern I used for my "Ron" hat is one I found at this woman's site . In the Peruvian Highland wool I used size 7 needles to knit the body of the hat, and size 8 to knit the earflaps, because I wanted to make them bigger. I also only knitted about 5 1/2 inches before I decreased instead of the 6" it tells you to.
I've steadily been working on that sock I posted about, but it still hasn't gotten past the heel, I just haven't had any time. Also, I apparently can't knit at work anymore (apparently it looks "unprofessional").... how professional does a student worker have to look?? Ah, well.
In other news -- I ordered my Gryffindor scarf yarn!!!! YAAY!! I decided that even tho I probably won't wear the scarf much, I need to make it as a mental health exercise. Plus I know I will regret it if I don't make it for the new movie, so I gave in and ordered my yarn.
I have discovered that I think I have an anxiety problem. Wednesday night, as I was studying for my computer test, I clenched my teeth so hard that I ended up moving one of my front teeth. It wasn't a drastic change, but I could definitely tell a difference and the next day my teeth were all sore. I know I'm under a lot more stress than normal, being a displaced student by that damn hurricane, but I never moved a tooth before! So I am using knitting as a de-stressing thing. I plan to knit a lot on my socks this weekend while I wait on my gryffindor yarn, so I will post pictures when I make some progress.
More later!
To answer a few questions, the yarn I am using for the socks is "Trampoline" stretch yarn, by "Skacel" (??) I believe. It is 70% wool and other parts nylon. It's color #238, but I can't seem to find on the label where a name for it is.
Also, the pattern I used for my "Ron" hat is one I found at this woman's site . In the Peruvian Highland wool I used size 7 needles to knit the body of the hat, and size 8 to knit the earflaps, because I wanted to make them bigger. I also only knitted about 5 1/2 inches before I decreased instead of the 6" it tells you to.
I've steadily been working on that sock I posted about, but it still hasn't gotten past the heel, I just haven't had any time. Also, I apparently can't knit at work anymore (apparently it looks "unprofessional").... how professional does a student worker have to look?? Ah, well.
In other news -- I ordered my Gryffindor scarf yarn!!!! YAAY!! I decided that even tho I probably won't wear the scarf much, I need to make it as a mental health exercise. Plus I know I will regret it if I don't make it for the new movie, so I gave in and ordered my yarn.
I have discovered that I think I have an anxiety problem. Wednesday night, as I was studying for my computer test, I clenched my teeth so hard that I ended up moving one of my front teeth. It wasn't a drastic change, but I could definitely tell a difference and the next day my teeth were all sore. I know I'm under a lot more stress than normal, being a displaced student by that damn hurricane, but I never moved a tooth before! So I am using knitting as a de-stressing thing. I plan to knit a lot on my socks this weekend while I wait on my gryffindor yarn, so I will post pictures when I make some progress.
More later!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home